ANGELS FOR UKRAINE is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available by users of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website https://ukraineangels.org/. By visiting Angels for Ukraine website you are accepting the provisions set out in this policy.
How we use your personal information
Providing information is your choice. When you undertake certain actions on our website, such as donating, signing up for our email newsletter, or filling in a form to register your interest in our activities, you knowingly provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address and other information.
You will only be contacted by ANGELS FOR UKRAINE for purposes related to the work of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE and you can request to have your name removed from our mailing list at any time.
Through the use of personal data such as your email address, we can target messages for you on social media platforms and identify other people on the Internet who are most likely to support ANGELS FOR UKRAINE work and help refugees. This may require uploading an encrypted list of email addresses to social media platforms of service providers such as Facebook, Instagramm, Linkedin, e.t.c. This data is not stored or reused by such service providers and is only held for the duration of the matching process. If you would not like your data to be used in this way, please contact us by e-mail or post.
Additionally, if you upload content to a ANGELS FOR UKRAINE official ANGELS FOR UKRAINE social media account, we will be able to see certain information, for example in the EXIF data supplied when you submit photographs, we can see which type of camera you used, the time/date stamp, and location if that is available. This information might be used to perform verification checks, but will not be shared beyond the ANGELS FOR UKRAINE social media team.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with:
- our agents or service providers including digital advertising agencies or social media companies that perform services on our behalf for the purpose of sending you communications on Angels for Ukraine activities, performing direct marketing or completing a donation transaction that you initiate;
- with our national partners who help us raising money for refugees and other forcibly displaced. With these fundraising partners we also share anonymized data gathered through cookies when you visit our website for them to offer customized contents to their audience. In no case will any sensitive financial information be shared. We will always keep your information safe and we will never sell or swap your information with any other third party.
Users who provide an email address and/or donate via ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website and opt in to receive email communication from ANGELS FOR UKRAINE may receive ANGELS FOR UKRAINE e-newsletter and other email updates. We occasionally also communicate via direct mail, phone or messangers like Whatsapp,Viber, SMS, e.t.c.. Each email sent by ANGELS FOR UKRAINE includes an option to remove your address from the mailing list, and you may also opt out by contacting us by e-mail.
What are cookies?
If you do not wish to have cookies installed on your computer or mobile device, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website may not function properly.
How cookies are used on ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE wishes to be transparent with users about how cookies are used, so that you are clear on how your privacy is protected when using ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website.
- To improve your experience on our website – Cookies enable us to ensure that we are providing you content that is relevant to your interests while deprioritising content that is not relevant to you. For example, cookies can tell us if you have shown interest in learning about a specific emergency or campaign, so we could ensure that the next time you visit ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website, information about this emergency or campaign is prioritised over other content. In the same way, cookies can tell us if, for instance, you have filled in a ANGELS FOR UKRAINE form or signed a petition, so that we don’t present this to you the next time you visit our website. Cookies can also provide us with an understanding about other factors relating to your visit that can help us to enhance your website experience, such as: which part of the world you are visiting from, if you came to the site because of an email or social media post we sent you, or whether your website browser supports the different technologies used on ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website.
- To understand how ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website and other communication efforts are performing – Cookies help to provide us with anonymous statistics that tell us about how many users visit our website, where they came from and how they interact with it. This information is very useful for us to be able to see which pages and content on ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website is most popular so that we can modify it accordingly. Data gathered through cookies can also help us understand how our other activities, such as social media content and emails affect the use of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website.
- To improve the relevance of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE campaign and marketing messages displayed to you after you leave our website – Cookies can help us to ensure that you receive personalised advertising banners from advertising services when you browse other websites, based on the content you interacted with on ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website. For example, cookies can tell us if you visit a web page about a particular humanitarian emergency, so that campaign messages about this particular emergency can be displayed to you when you visit another website. None of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE commercial partners providing such services collect or use any personally identifiable information.
- Reach you on social channels and identify more supporters who want to help refugees - Through cookies, we can target messages for you on our social media platforms and identify other people on the Internet who are most likely to support ANGELS FOR UKRAINE work and help refugees. This data is not used by service providers for any purpose other than those described above.
Third party cookies
Some of the cookies you may receive when visiting ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website are not related to ANGELS FOR UKRAINE. For example, if you visit sections of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website that contain embedded content such as YouTube video or a Twitter feed, or contain a plugin such as a Facebook like button, you may receive cookies delivered from these websites. As detailed above, we also use third-party cookies for targeted advertising services and for tracking our website awareness-raising and communications performance.
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE does not govern the settings or use of these third-party cookies, so we suggest that you visit these websites for more information about their cookies and applicable privacy policies.
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites that it does not own or manage, even if these websites link to ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website. Modern web browsers provide the ability to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies.
Responsibilities of Users
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE may ask its stakeholders and community to share their photos and videos with the public on its websites. This type of material is generally defined as User Generated Content.
Users of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website acknowledge that such content is treated as being non-proprietary and non-confidential. If you send this material to us, either via email, by tagging content on a social network, or via a specifically designed upload site, you are granting ANGELS FOR UKRAINE the irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in its websites and publications. Furthermore, you grant ANGELS FOR UKRAINE the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such material. However you still own and can continue to use your content as you like including the ability to also allow others to use it.
If you upload or share your material with a ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website or social media account, it might be used by any ANGELS FOR UKRAINE websites or social media accounts across the globe.
When we ask our community to share content with us, we explain how we intend to use the content. Mostly, we will re-share content on our social media channels or on our websites. If it is particularly strong, we may use content shared with us on ANGELS FOR UKRAINE promotional materials. In those cases, we will attempt to contact you to discuss whether you agree for it to be used, and to ask whether and how you would like to be credited.
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE does not pay for nor does it generate any revenue from selling or licensing individual pieces of UGC.
Conditions to upload content
When you submit content to or share material with ANGELS FOR UKRAINE, you must only submit/share your own original content. If your content contains the work(s) of others (e.g. music, images and/or video) you must have obtained the necessary rights or permissions to use that material.
If your content clearly identifies anyone else you will need to ensure that the persons concerned have consented to the content being used by ANGELS FOR UKRAINE. Where your content clearly identifies children under the age of 16 you must ensure that their parent or guardian has provided their consent as set out above.
ANGELS FOR UKRAINE also requires that you do not submit or share any material or information:
- That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy or unlawful in any way;
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals as may be required by law;
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer); or
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
- Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsifying the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertising or offering to sell any goods or services, or conducting or forwarding surveys, contests or chain letters, or downloading any file posted by another user of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE websites that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
Any inappropriate content will be rejected or removed from ANGELS FOR UKRAINE websites and social media accounts. If in doubt, please do not share your content with ANGELS FOR UKRAINE. If you post on, or transmit to, any of our websites any material of the type prohibited under the above paragraphs or any applicable laws and regulations, and ANGELS FOR UKRAINE incurs any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify ANGELS FOR UKRAINE for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
You should be aware that ANGELS FOR UKRAINE is entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which it has about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that may request ANGELS FOR UKRAINE to do so.
Uploading Content to Social Networks
Notification of changes
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. We thus encourage you to visit this section of ANGELS FOR UKRAINE website regularly in order to keep up to date with any changes. Changes to the policy will apply from the date they are posted on our site and shall not apply retroactively.